Amadeus is a leading provider of advanced technology solutions for the global travel industry. Customer groups include travel providers (e.g. airlines, hotels, rail and ferry operators, etc.), travel sellers (travel agencies and websites), and travel buyers (corporations and travel management companies).
The Amadeus group employs around 15,200 people worldwide, across central sites in Madrid (corporate headquarters), Nice (development) and Erding (operations), as well as over 70 local Amadeus Commercial Organisations globally and has a presence in more than 190 countries.
Whilst well-known in the travel industry as a B2B player and locally for its Travel Agency business, Amadeus wanted to up its game and raise more awareness for its other two business units: Airlines and Strategic Growth Businesses across Australia and New Zealand.
WE Buchan was appointed in April 2016 to support local launches of key products and solutions, and strengthen Amadeus’ position as the travel industry’s technology and thought leader.
Insight & idea
To drive awareness in the ANZ market of Amadeus’ superior technology, content and deep expertise in global travel industry, WE Buchan identified the following opportunities:
- Drive awareness of Strategic Growth Businesses: Develop proactive pitches and look for trend jacking opportunities in lieu of customer wins or announcements
- Executive communication: Continue to build executive profiles and introduce new spokespeople to the media as industry experts
- Extend beyond the travel trade media: Establish new, meaningful media relationships beyond travel trades, educate them about the breadth of Amadeus and leverage for proactive, local media opportunities
WE Buchan has worked with Amadeus since April 2016 to:
- Create bespoke media strategies for major local, regional and global announcement to drive coverage across mainstream, travel, business and IT media
- Develop or localise proactive pitches and contributed articles for Amadeus spokespeople to raise their profile and position them as thought-leaders
- Create campaigns around priority themes to support the solutions and messages that the local team is pushing.
Proactive storytelling through media and owned channels to support business objectives
Impact & results
In 12 months, WE Buchan successfully achieved:
- 140% increase in media clippings compared to the previous year
- 60% of coverage in tier one media
- Interviews and meetings with top tier media including The Wall Street Journal, The Australian, The Australian Financial Review, News.com.au and New Zealand Business Review.
- Supported the launch of six research whitepapers
- A flight of fancy with virtual reality – The Australian
- Adelaide Airport hits auto pilot in the cloud with Amadeus – Australian Financial Review
- Qantas calm in eye of storm with Amadeus delay recovery system – The Australian
- Companies seek travel tag software for health and safety law changes– National Business Review