eHarmony wanted to have a big presence on one of the most fun and light hearted awareness days – International Kissing Day. WE Buchan was tasked with creating a fully-integrated and multichannel communication campaign to leverage the heightened consumer emotion.
Insight & idea
As humans, we’re made to kiss. Research suggests a little smooching helps your brain gather all sorts of important information about the guy or gal with whom you’ve locked lips with. It also perks up your senses and prepares your body for that other thing – the one that sometimes follows passionate kissing.
We wanted to leverage this insight with further research from a kissing expert who could tell us a little bit more about the importance and benefits of kissing and its meaning to relationships.
After anecdotal research revealed the focus on the first kiss in determining ongoing compatibility, we designed a campaign to explore the idea of ‘compatibility’ by looking at the role and impact of kissing in relationships – from partner selection to relationship satisfaction.
We implemented a content-driven, integrated approach to deliver a fun campaign to engage Australian singles.
- National consumer survey to provide newsworthy content
- Curated, social-friendly infographics of the research results
- Traditional media relations
- A kissing and body language expert to position the brand as an authority to deliver informative dating advice
- Sharable content development: Quiz for social media engagement, blogs & videos
- Social media engagement – Instagram competition & content to drive online engagement and awareness on National Kissing Day
- eHarmony success couples
Impact & results
- 152 media hits delivering 21 million opportunities to see
- 59,244 social page views
- 7% lift in eHarmony registrations