Volpara Health Technologies (ASX: VHT) is a New Zealand-based digital health company focused on the early detection of breast cancer by improving the quality of screening, formed by world-leading breast cancer scientists. The cloud based platform, VolparaEnterprise™ incorporates the ability to measure radiation dose, compression and position – helping screening centres to provide more personalised screening options, detect cancer earlier, improve patient comfort and use data to improve quality and productivity.
After listing on the ASX in April 2016, the Volpara share price was flat. The company needed to bring in new investors and re-engage existing investors through an ongoing communication program.
Insight & idea
WE Buchan developed an integrated communication strategy for Volpara, which delivers frequent, structured communication to both investors and other stakeholders. We have helped simplify the Volpara message to help investors better understand the return on investment, the important of breast density awareness raising and how it relates to the company’s technology, as well taking investors on the company’s journey of technology development.
WE Buchan has worked with the executive management team to:
- Deliver clear and consistent messaging to investors
- Educate the market on the commercial drivers for Volpara’s technology
- Launch a blog and investor newsletter that includes content, infographics, videos etc.
- Develop strategic media relationships with Australian media to ensure prominent coverage in mainstream business and investor focused media
- Host investor roadshows and bespoke investor events engaging, funds, brokers analysts and HNW investors
- Arrange prominent speaking opportunities at industry events
Impact & results
Volpara has experienced a significant increase in investor engagement and liquidity and share price improvement of 50 per cent. Public relations activity has resulted in an increase in media interest in Volpara’s technology, as well as Volapra owning the breast density awareness space in Australia and New Zealand.